1. Who processes your personal data collected by the World Law Congress?
WORLD JURIST SUMMIT, S.L. (“WJS”), and CREMADES & CALVO-SOTELO
ABOGADOS (“CCS”), whose registered offices are both located in calle Jorge Juan, nº 30, planta 6, 28001-Madrid, hereinafter jointly referred to as the “Data Controllers” are responsible for the processing of your personal data (i.e. any information that would allow to identify you, either directly or indirectly) given by you through this website or completing the registration form or any other form for the purposes of the Congress.
2. What is personal data?
Personal data means any information relating to a person who can be identified either directly or indirectly; it may include name, address, email, phone number, credit / debit card number, IP address and location, images or video where an individual is portrayed (“Personal Data”).
3. To whom is this policy addressed?
The Policy applies to the following categories of data subjects whose personal data is processed by us:
- Exhibitors and potential future exhibitors at our
- Visitors and potential future visitors of the
- Subscribers to, readers, advertisers and prospects of our website, magazine, newsletters, online directories (“Media Tools”).
- Press and public relations
- Speakers in our conferences and Congress.
- Candidates / winners in our call for
- Visitors of our digital platforms and persons who contact us for
- Members of our clubs, groups and associations and Sponsors, suppliers, other stakeholders and any other parties in contact with
4. For what purposes do the Data Controllers collect your personal data?
WJS and CCS process personal data that you voluntarily provide them for the organization, control and management of events, including the following purposes:
- Your registration in the website as participant in the XXVI Biennal Congress of the World Jurist Association (World Law Congress) and providing you with an access ID for entering the Spanish Royal .
Due to security protocol, this processing is necessary to allow physical access within the Spanish Royal Theatre’s premises.
- To feature you on the website as key participant of the
- To display your information on any document for the purposes of the Congress, such as a leaflet with your picture, full name and professional background or a compilation
- To prepare and facilitate your future booking / travel insurance:
- to confirm and guarantee your flight and accommodation booking;
- to modify or cancel your flight and accommodation booking;
- to exchange communications with you in relation to your booking / insurance (e.g. to provide you with information on your booking / insurance, to send you reminder notice before your check-in / check-out, to respond to your questions or suggestions);
- to manage your invoices and, in case, claim debts
- to manage your
- Communicate your personal data to below-mentioned third
This processing is necessary to carry out the flight and accommodation booking, as well as the purchase of a travel insurance which shall be concluded with Mutualidad de la Abogacía Española.
Additionally, we can process your personal data for promotional and marketing activities, namely:
- the sending of email for special promotions
- the sending of email for future Congress invitations;
Finally, in case, we may process your personal data in order to comply with legal obligations or provisions such as communicating your personal data to judges or competent authorities when they request them.
For your full information, the Data Controllers carry out certain processing of your personal information through “cookies” and other tracers collected every time you visit the World Law Congress website. This processing is governed by the Data Controller’s Cookies Policy,
which we encourage you to review. You can accept or reject these cookies and other tracers by following the instructions provided in the Data Controller’s Cookies Policy.
5. What is the legal base to process your personal data?
- Contractual relationship – art. 6.1 b) GDPR. As abovementioned we need to process your personal data to control and organize the
- Your consent –art. 6.1 a) GDPR for the processing of your image and cv to promote the Congress and, in case you have ticked the relevant check box for sending you Data
- Our legitimate interest – art. 6.1 f) for promoting the Congress and sending you commercial information related to it by any channel, including electronic means Controller´s advertisement by any channel, including electronic means.
6. Who are the data recipients of the personal information we collect about you?
Your personal data will be disclosed, as necessary / relevant, to:
- NUBA EXPEDICIONES, S.L., as Technical Secretariat of the World Law
- DICENDI COMUNICACIÓN, in charge of graphic design and website creation and management.
- INK CIEN EVENTOS, S.L., in charge of the structural and audiovisual execution of the World Law Congress.
- Insurance companies to provide the travel assistance and accident assistance to the Congress
- Airlines, hotels or other transport service companies in order to conclude reservations and flights for your
- any other relevant processor uptaking the task of the correct and optimal execution of the World Law
WJS and CCS can also disclose your personal data to the extent required by law and/or by competent authorities.
Said communications are required to organize the Congress and provide you the relevant services.
7. International transfers
Herein, WJS and CCS inform they may transfer your personal data to the World Jurist Association located in Washington, D.C (USA) only for the purposes related to the organization of the Congress.
In case of transfer, the Data Controllers shall provide the appropriate safeguards according to article 46 of GDPR; in particular, the involved parties shall subscribe the relevant standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission.
8. For what period will the Data Controllers retain your personal data?
Your personal data are retained for different period, depending on the purposes of the processing:
- Your registration as a World Law Congress Participant, the creation of your account and the provision of your WLC ID: For the duration of the
- Payment – Payment card information. Upon effective completion of the
- Promotional and marketing activities. For WLC participants, 3 years as from the end of the relationship with the WJS and
- Cookies. Please check WLC Cookies Policy
- Website Information on Congress Speakers: The data displayed in the website shall be displayed until the Website is removed, or until its purpose has
- Travel Insurance: For the period strictly comprehended between the conclusion of the insurance policy and the insured.
9. What rights can you exercise with respect to the processing of your personal data?
As per EU regulation no.2016/679, and as a data subject, you can exercise the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- right of “access”: right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not your personal data are being processed by the Data Controllers and, where that is the case, to access to these personal data and to obtain further information on the characteristics of our processing ;
- right “to rectification”: right to obtain the rectification of inaccurate personal data or the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement;
- right to “erasure” (or the so-called “right to be forgotten”): right to obtain the deletion of your personal data in certain circumstances ; right to “object”: at any time, a right to object to the processing of your personal data to prevent the Data Controllers from continuing to carry out such processing:
- right to “withdraw your consent”: where the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, a right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time and to prevent the Data Controllers from continuing to carry out such processing;
- right to “data portability”: where the processing of your personal data is based on your consent and carried out by automated means, the right to receive your personal data provided to the Data Controllers and to transmit those data to a designated third
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact Data Controllers trhough the following address: email@example.com. enclosing a copy of your identity card, passport or other valid means of identification and your specific request
As per article 77 of the EU regulation no. 2016/679, you can lodge a complaint about the processing of your personal data with the body regulating data protection in your country if you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes the said EU regulation no. 2016/679.
10. What rules apply to the processing of your personal data when clicking on links placed on the WLC website directing to EC partner’s websites or other websites?
When a change materially impacts a processing carried out on the basis of your consent, the Data Controllers will contact you to obtain a new consent.